Rock & Sand: A Practical Approach to Business Growth
First you have deep dialog with your team to define and establish your organization’s “Context” for strategy. The “Cores” of the business. They include
- Core Purpose, Core Values, Core Strengths, Core Customers, and Core Promise
Then the team dialogs on the “Successful Outcomes” they would achieve if they successfully executed on the Cores, setting milestones for the future.
- Ten Years Out > Three Years Out > One Year Out
- Vision > Key Thrusts > Rocks
Finally, the team dialogs and decides on the specific Rocks to move and the Sand to push in the next 90 days.
- Sand = the existing operational activities of the business that generate cash
- Rocks = specific new projects/initiatives that make it easier to push more sand
A lengthier explanation from the Rock & Sand DVD”
Find our how to put Rock & Sand to work for you. Set up a no-fee discovery meeting.
Get Practical Insights for Growing Your Business
Michael Synk’s latest book is available to ship or download today.